The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The NFL

I really enjoy watching NFL but I don't know enough about it to really give a thorough breakdown and season preview, which is why I don't. And just to prove how little I know about football, this year I have decided to bet on each week's games and keep a running tally each week. Who knows, I may have a future as a handicapper.

I will give this prediction before the season gets under way tonight in Pittsburgh - I like the Steelers over the Falcons (I could see about 8 teams winning the NFC because there is no dominant team. I just think Atlanta is the best of them) in the Super Bowl. Though I think the Patriots are just a slight hair below the Steelers, mostly because Tom Brady feels he has to prove he is healthy and he scares me if he has something to prove.

Tonight - STEELERS (-6) over Titans

Sunday's picks will come tomorrow.

Sunday

FALCONS (-4) over Dolphins
RAVENS (-10) over Chiefs
Eagles (-1) over PANTHERS
Broncos (+4) over BENGALS
Vikings (-3.5) over BROWNS
TEXANS (-4.5) over Jets
COLTS (-7) over Jags
SAINTS (-13) over Lions I am going to pick the Lions to lose against the spread every week this year. I figure that is good for at least a 12-4 record on their games alone.
CARDS (-6.5) over 49ers
Cowboys (-5.5) over BUCS
GIANTS (-6)over Redskins
Rams (+7.5) over SEAHAWKS
PACKERS (-3.5) over Bears

Monday
PATRIOTS (-10.5) over Bills
Chargers (-9) over RAIDERS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home