The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

British Open Pick.

Ms. Skeelo and I are actually heading to the UK in a couple of weeks and it would have been amazing to be there during the Open. Alas our schedules did not allow it.

I'm not buying that Tiger is the favorite at this thing. He always gets plugged in as the favorite because he is the number 1 player but it is never a lock the way, say Roger Federer is in tennis or a dominant college basketball number 1 is. I would actually argue Paddy Harrington is the guy to beat. Anyone who has won 2 Claret Jugs in a row knows how to get around a links course and can get a third. As much as I would like to see Paddy get it again I don't think he will.

Once again I am going to go with Sergio Garcia. He just hits the ball to well to not win one of these things eventually. And his less than great putting stroke does not come into effect too much at the Open because the greens are usually so much slower than in the US. He has been playing reasonably well of late and always gets up for this event. I say he wins his first major this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home