The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Maybe It Is Deja Vu All Over Again

I had the pleasure of watching the greatest comeback in playoff history last night in the ESPNZone in downtown Denver. I got into my hotel and unpacked my bags in the third inning then headed for the Zone knowing their would be a bunch of transplanted Boston folks there to watch it with.

I quickly found a group of University of Denver students from Boston and plunked down with them. I gotta admit it was like a funeral watching that game through 6 and a half innings. Then Papi woke up and launched a three run homer. At that point we knew they would come back we just didn't know if it would be in the 9th or 16th inning. Luckily it was the 9th because we couldn't have taken another 5 innings. Unbelievable.

I'm still not convinced the Sox will win Game 6 but I certainly think they can. Something tells me that Beckett is going to gut through a game, but he can't throw a gem. If Shields is off then we have a 6-5 game with the Sox fans in Tampa going crazy. We'll see. I'll be back at the ESPNZone to watch it though.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, October 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great place to watch a game. I was there last month sippin' some high country barley based beverages.

Rays will clinch tonight. Philies in 7.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home