The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

More NBA Playoff Predictions

I'm having a good NBA playoffs so far. I've got 11 of 12 series right and now it is time for my conference championship predictions. Yes both series have already started but I swear I have not changed my mind since they started.


Eastern Conference
Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat

The Heat looked great against the Nets and the Pistons looked bad against LeBron and co. The Pistons handled LeBron when it counted but they showed that they can't stop Dwayne Wade. Wade has too much around him and Shaq looks like he has one more great run in him. Helping Shaq out is a revitalized Alonzo Mourning who is the only guy in the league tougher than Piston Center Ben Wallace. I think Wallace will get worn out in this series and that makes the Pistons a very weakened defensive team. I also think Wade is going to get a lot of perimieter help from Antoine Walker and Gary Payton. As for the Pistons their lack of depth will kill them in this series. Rasheed Wallace, when he actually stops yapping, is not playing well, and he isn't good enough to flip a switch and be great again. Rip Hamilton will score enough points to kepp the Pistons around but this one is going to Miami.

Prediction: Miami in 6

Western Conference
Phoenix Suns vs. Dallas Mavericks

This will be a great series and each team should score 100 in each game. The question is which team will play better defense. I have to go with the Mavs as the answer to that. The Suns can't stop Dirk Nowitzki (nor canany other team). And the Mavs can play D when they need to as the proved against the Spurs. I'm not convinced Phoenix can yet. They rely on speed to cover a lot of defensive breakdowns but the Mavs are just as quick. I expect Devon Harris to continue his coming out party and hit big shots. He will be the difference in this series.

Prediction: Dallas in 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home