The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Masters, House and the NCAA's

- As much as I would absolutely love to see Paddy Harrington win the Masters this week and then win at Bethpage to complete the Paddy Slam I am copping out and picking Tiger. It goes back to the whole Rising To The Occasion ability he has and he hasn't won here in a couple of years.

The sad thing about it is that it won't be that much fun - at least not like it used to be. The best part of this tournament used to be watching someone making a big charge on the back nine on Sunday. All the length and semi-rough added to the course has really hurt it. Now it is just another US Open style course that limits the ability of a lot of guys to win.

- If you watch House and have not watched Monday's episode turn away now..........I can't believe they killed off Kutner and I was shocked it was a suicide. I completely respect Kal Penn's decision to go and work for Obama so good for him but I will really miss him. He was my favorite character on the show and was a great Doctor. I thought it was very fitting that in his next to last episode he was the one who solved the medical mystery and got full compliments and respect from House for doing so. It showed that with time he would have been just as good a Doctor. It was also fitting that there was no real explanation for his suicide as this was the one thing that House couldn't have an answer for. But damn, this show just got a lot less interesting.

And give full props to the cast, crew and producers for keeping this under wraps. No way did I think they could keep something like that secret in the internet age.

- This is the only time you will ever hear me say this so enjoy it now - Watching North Carolina rip through the tournament was amazing and one of the best performances I have seen in 23 years watching this thing. Winning each game by 10+ and essentially having each game done (with the exception of Round 2 vs. LSU) by the 10 minute mark of the first half was just unreal.

On the bright side I will never have to watch Tyler Hansbrough play in college again and I can start watching him be an 8th man in the NBA. And I can hope like hell that the Raptors are in a position to draft Wayne Ellington in the lottery.

And Ms. Skeelo came oh so close...she had Mich St over UNC in the final.

- I will do my MLB preview later this week but for the quick version I have the Red Sox over the Cubs in the World Series. The Yankees? Still the best third place team in baseball.

One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home