The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Madness Notes.

I'm working from home today so I will be doing periodic random notes throughout the day.

- How great is it that USC with OJ Mayo and Kansas State with Micheal Beasley meet in the first round. It's been 20 years since Danny Manning lead an out of nowhere Kansas team to the title. Mayo and Beasley both have the ability to carry their teams to the Final Four but I say Beasley wins the first round matchup but then gets bounced by Wisconsin.

- I said yesterday in the comments section that I thought Notre Dame could hang with the Tar Heels in the Sweet 16. Well I actually meant to add that I thought they would win that game. Then the Irish will lose to Tennessee.

- Mich St. is about to tip off against Temple in Denver at 12:15 EST. That's 10:15 a.m. Denver time. How the hell do you schedule games that early?

- Temple has a guy named Dionte Christmas. I'd be more interested in this game if he looked like Denise Richards who played a Bond Girl named Christmas Jones

- This isn't NCAA related but I wanted to get in that Tiger isn't winning at Doral this week. The streak stops at five.

- Looks like Xavier is waking up just in time (now up 5 with 6 minutes left). I got them in my Elite Eight.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, March 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went 13-3 yesterday. Not bad but not usually good enough to win. I had USC making a sweet 16 birth so that won't help.

 
At 3:53 PM, March 21, 2008, Blogger Skeelo said...

I went 13-3 too. Lost with Kentucky, BYU and Kent State.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home