The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sports Thursday

I think Tiger will win the Bridgestone for the fifth time this week. He absolutely kills this golf course and is playing too well to bet against him. Another reason to pick him is how gutless everybody else on tour seems to be. As much as I enjoy watching Tiger play great, in the same way I enjoyed watching Gretzky and Jordan in their primes, I was bored stiff watching the final round of the PGA on Sunday. Why can't anyone stand up and play a great final round to push him. I'd love to have seen Luke Donald say before the final round started "He may beat me tomorrow but he's going to have to shoot 64 to do it" and then go at and shoot a 65. Someone needs to step up and start pushing Tiger and I think it's going to be one of the young guns who will do it. I think guys like Geoff Ogilvie and Adam Scott have the games and the make up to compete with him and now that they each have enough majors under their belt, they will. I also think Luke Donald can content with him too. And a new crop of guys will come along in the next few years who grew up watching and gunning for Tiger that should make things interesting.

It's about time absolute lowlife and degenerate David Frost was put in jail. The hold this guy has over his former players is very scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home