The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hockey Stuff.

I'm in the Dominican Republic for a week and all hell breaks lose. I never would have thought Zdeno Chara was going to Boston. I thought he was a lock to end up with the Rangers. Then again I also thought Ed Jovanoski was a lock to end up in Florida. And that Chris Pronger was going to end up on the east coast. The Ducks might as well sign 4 defenceman from a senior league in Toledo because Pronger and Scott Neidermayer are going to each log 35 minutes of ice each game.

I'm glad to see Ottaw Senator GM John Muckler ripping on the cap system. As I said when it was implemented it punishes good teams. It's gotta suck for him to see guys like Chara and Martin Havlat leave (though if I'm a Sens fan I am happy to see Havlat go) beacuse you don't have room under the cap. I actually think the Sens are better off than people think. Martin Gerber is an upgrade over Ray Emery in goal (remember that Hasek is a complete headcase and wasn't around after the Olympics) and some other players will step up. Sens fans are upset that Muckler is not going after Mike Peca but you already have Mike Peca. It's just that his name is Mike Fisher and he is actually better than Peca. Fisher will have a great year as the number two center and they should actually rip the "C" of Alfie's sweater and put on Fisher's. It would make a world of difference for these perennial chokers.

Not surpisingly my Leafs have underwhelmed me in the free agent market. They can make up for it by signing Anson Carter though. He'd be a perfect fit back in his hometown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home