The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Thoughts and Musings.

I went to see The Davinci Code the other night (I will review it later, though I was disappointed in it). Why do they play those ads before the movie starts that tell people not to sit at home to watch movies and tries to get them to go to the theatre. News flash people I AM ALREADY AT THE THEATRE. Somebody needs to take marketing 101 over again.

I thought occurred to me the other day when 17 arrests were made in Toronto over the weekend. The 17 people locked up were potential terrorists with plans to target Canadian buildings and people. Would these arrests have taken place under Paul Martin or the Liberals in general? And if they had, would they have been so public? I think the Liberals would have done everything they could to make the arrests quietly to ensure the rest of Canada that we would never ever have dangerous people in our country (said with sarcasm). Just a thought.

Although Michelle Wie failed to qualify for the Men's US Open it was certainly entertaining to see her try. That's kind of what I'm worried about though. Is she going to become mere entertainment by trying to beat men, which she will never do, or is she going to try to win consistently on the LPGA tour? So far she has yet to win an LPGA tournament and I think her career would be better served if she figured out how to start winning tournaments consistently against women. Once she has started to do that, by all means, try to beat the men, but until then concentrate on winning women's majors, not The Masters or US Open.

Comedy Central will be releasing the final episodes of The Chapelle Show on July 9. For whatever reason you believe, Dave Chapelle decided to walk away from the show. It's really too bad because the first two seasons of this show were absolutely hysterical. He pushed the envelope with his social commentary through hilarious sketches and his banter with the audience. That is what made to show so damn good. I mean, when your first sketch of the first show is about a blind black white supremacist you're off to a great start. Which is why I found it ridiculous for him to suggest, as he did on Oprah, that he was doing skits that he felt were "socially irresponsible." It makes me sad to think that a guy like Chapelle would submit to the politically correct police. I just don't buy that excuse.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your a fag

 

Post a Comment

<< Home