The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thoughts and Musings.

Now that the Blue Jays have signed Bengie Molina to catch for them, it's fair to say they had one hell of an off-season. I think this is the year they take over the Yankees and grab the wild card (the Red Sox will find a way to win the division). The Yankees pitching is horrible.

I've always said that Booby Cox was a terrible manager (14 straight playoff appearances and only 1 series title are enough proof of that) and that pitching coach Leo Mazzone was the key to the Atlanta Braves success. Now that Mazzone has gone to Baltimore I guarantee the Braves miss the playoffs this year.

If Coco Crisp isn't the best name in sports I don't know what is.

If Kevin Pittsnogle isn't the second best name in sports I don't know what is. He sounds like a fraggle.

The Super Bowl was the worst big football game I've ever seen. The Steelers were horrible, the Seahawks were horrible and the referees were horrible. I'm looking forward to seeing the league play without a salary cap in '07. Football can have great teams again, if only for a year.

Is anybody surprised that Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong have parted ways? Does anybody care? Other than deluded men, and I guess some women (me thinks Crow and Liz Phair have had some fun together), who think they have a chance with Sheryl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home