The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Is there life without Fergie? We'll find out next year.

Black Eyed Peas front man Will I Am is starting his own label. He expects to have his first solo album out by next June. Considering that the BEP's were virtually unheard of before Fergie joined, I am not expecting great things from Will's solo offering. However, I do look forward to the next BEP album, whenever that may be.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, January 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ - while Fergie might be the glossy eye-candy that helped the BEP reach main stream status, will i am is the substance to the group. I think his solo album will be very original and creative. Look at how well Outkast did when they released their solo albums as a package. Each album reflected its creator without negating the appeal of their collaboration. I have high hopes . . . for the album anyway.

 
At 1:03 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger mix tape said...

I think Will I Am will be some kind of Wyclef Jean copycat with some K-Os thrown in there. His album will do well here as it seems Canucks like this type of stuff. Fergie draws all the sex appeal and I have to say that she is driving force behind the pop-filled BEPs (check out their earlier stuff without Fergie, that was more Will I Am).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home