The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cavs

For the past four years I have refused to admit that LeBron James is the best player in basketball because I would not take him over Kobe or Dwayne Wade if I starter the 7 game Finals tomorrow. The reason for that is that I have never seen any evidence that he needs to win.

Last night's performance was just pathetic and unless his elbow is about to fall off there is no excuse for it. As for his smug "I spoil a lot of people with my play" comment, well I'll let Adrian Wojnarowski put the LeBron James experience in perspective far better than I could. And if you think this is a hatchet job it isn't.

LeBron, your entire NBA career will be summarized by how you perform the next few weeks. If you get you and your team together and make the Finals I'll be impressed. If you bow out in Boston in Game 6 then Bolt for Miami or the Knicks then you are just proving you don't really want it too much. Or worse, you win some titles with DWade and it is because of him and you are Pippen to his Jordan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home