The Pursuit Of Leisure

100% correct, 50% of the time. A tongue in cheek look at culture both high and low.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Marty Brodeur

Congrats to Marty Brodeur who last night notched his 450 career win for the New Jersey Devils. I admit for the first few years after the Devs first cup win I thought this guy was overrated due to the first round playoff flops they used to have. But over the years this guy has proved to be the second best goalie of his generation, behind Patrick Roy. There is no goalie in the NHL I would rather have on my team.

Depsite all of Marty's highlight saves, three cup wins, Scott Stevens crushing checks, John MacLean lightning slapshot goals, my favorite all time Devils moment is still Jim Schoenfeld's "you fat pig" meltdown. Inexplicibly there is no footage of this on youtube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home